In my series of mastering the various biryani styles from all over India, here is a recipe for a quick 1hr preparation.
To make it simple, follow the steps in order.
- Soak Rice first. Plan rice to masala ration. Make sure you keep rice to masala ration of 2:1. When rice is flavorful, the masala will become secondary.
- Heat a small quantity of oil. Make sure the oil is hot. Chop onions finely when the oil is heating. Mix the onions with corn flour and in small batches, fry the onions. The goal here is to fry them and keep them aside so that they become dry and crunchy.
- Marinate – Sour Yogurt, Salt, Red Pepper, Turmeric, Whole Masala & Bombay Dum Biryani Masala, Oil.
- In a 1:2 ratio, grind ginger & garlic to form a coarse paste. Add into the marinate above.
- Chop Vegetables in a slightly bigger fashion.
- Green Beans.
- Chop greens – Mint and Coriander. Make sure there are no thick stalks. Keep aside.
- Add in the chopped vegetables to the marinate; add in half of the mint and coriander and keep it aside for 30mins.
- Boil water. When boiling, cook rice up to 75%. Add in some salt and oil.
- Take a deep, big pan, put some oil and garnish the marinate+vegetables.
- Pour rice on vegetables.
- High Heat for 5 mins and low heat for 15mins with close lid.