Currently, I work for a Blue Shield of California in the Application Management Team collaborating with the Healthcare Services teams to implement systems that provide Medical Management capabilities to members and providers.
On a daily basis, my role is to focus on managing delivery of IT projects from various healthcare major vendors including HP, McKesson, Cognizant, Trizetto etc. The role see’s me problem-solving on business processes, IT delivery methodologies and striving to keep healthcare roadmaps aligned to changing industry trends.
Some of Key Specialities include:
- Project Initiation and Planning
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Operations and Process Reengineering
- Risk Identification and Management Escalation
- Structured Problem Solving
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Vendor Negotiations on Delivery Priorities
- Reporting Systems, Metrics and Dashboards
- Training Plans, Development and Delivery
- System Analysis, Impact Analysis, Solutioning & Operational Readiness.
- Application Technical Support including Incident Management
As a rule, I like to set aside 10-15% of my time on a weekly basis and work on projects which add capabilities to IT teams to partner business better in the long run. I spend ~ 75% of my time in meetings managing multiple projects so this downtime allows me to prepare better and pro-actively help business as opposed to being in a reactive mode at all time.
Some of the ramped up capabilities as a part of this effort:
- Enterprise Wiki with a single consolidated space for all of my groups efforts.
- Sugar CRM turned into a Project/Issue Tracking tool.
- Social Media advertising to grow healthy membership.
Click here for my detailed CV.